Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Devilian, an introduction of sorts

Devilian Game



Alright I'll admit this game caught me by surprise, I had no idea it was coming out and basically the only way I found out about it was seeing some of my favorite Diablo 3 streamers give it a shot when it released on Dec. 10th. At first glance it looks like a Diablo clone with some Pillars of Eternity mixed in but Devilian has its own twist and once you get started its quite refreshing.

The game Devilian is an Action Role-Playing Game (ARPG) that, at it's base, has the same characteristics as the rest of them. Little bit of story, some classes, and the flashy killing of large amounts of bad guys in the end goal of getting better gear to kill stronger bad guys. All in all, the gear progression is the meat of games of the sort and what motivates players to play it. What makes Devilian stand out from the titans, Diablo and Pillars of Eternity, is the MMO factor which is an attractive trait to have. Yea you can play online in both Diablo and PoE but those games are generally confined to lobbies where you can just get straight to the grind.

I'm not sure how far this game will go but I am sure glad it came when it did. It feeds my hunger for fresh MMO content while World of Warcraft is between expansions and is a welcome change to the season 4 grind on Diablo 3, which was and still is a drama fest about paragon elitism but that's for another post. So far I will say I like the game and hope it does well.


With that said, in my process of figuring out the ins and outs for this game I will make a general guide to get some ideas flowing and help out those who are just starting. There is not much info guide wise to this game so I'll go over some tips that helped me while leveling.

Here is a link to the guide hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment